Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Random Thoughts and Things I Think You Should Know

So this is the post where I simply list a few quick things that are of interest to me because my brain is tired and I am lacking creativity. Just keeping it real.

1.) Radishes - okay, I have had radishes plenty of times but recently I've discovered a new found love for them. Maybe I am just tired of the same old boring stuff that I always eat but I have become a  total radish loving freak...and because I am a dork, I read up on the health benefits of radishes and discovered that they are a very good source of anti-oxidants, electrolytes, minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. Nothing wrong with that!

2.) Today is December 17th and I have still not started my Xmas shopping or even thought about starting. Does this make me a cold hearted Grinch or just your run of the mill procrastinator?

3.) Last night, on my way home from the gym, the gas light in my car came on so I quickly pulled over to fill up my gas tank. As I was standing at the pump, shivering in my sweaty t-shirt and running tights, a guy pulled up next to me in a Porsche, rolled down his window, handed me a huge unwrapped (yet still warm) bacon cheeseburger, smiled and drove away. To say I was confused would be a major understatement! I'm still shaking my head at the whole thing. I just don't understand what happened there. Perhaps, I looked hungry? People are weird.

4.) I can't really explain why (and I am completely embarrassed to admit) that I am absolutely loving Do What U Want by Lady Gaga and R. Kelly. I really can't stand Lady Gaga and R. Kelly makes me want to throw up. In my mind, I hate that song but then it comes on the radio and before I realize what is happening I'm totally having a dance party of one and singing at the top of my lungs. There is something seriously wrong with me! Let's hope I grow out of this quickly!

5.) In case you missed my last few posts, please take a moment to check out my post about Timmy - My Ironman Hero. and consider donating a few dollar bills to the Children's Tumor Foundation. All donations are tax deductible and really help to change the lives of so many precious children.

6.) Over the weekend, I went to see The Book Thief and it was absolutely amazing! I usually have such a hard time sitting through an entire movie but this story completely captured my attention and my heart. Do yourself a favor and check it out but make sure you bring some tissues because you just may shed a tear or two.

7.) There are just two short weeks left in 2013 and I find that really hard to believe. This year has flown by and left me scratching my head at where the time went. I have to admit, I am sort of ready for 2013 to be over because I just have this crazy feeling that 2014 is going to be absolutely amazing. I am planning on starting the year off at the Polar Plunge on Folly Beach and have already picked out my official New Year's bikini for the plunge and the flannel pants and wool socks that I will be wearing for the rest of the day! If you are looking for an awesome way to celebrate the New Year, consider joining me for the Polar Plunge! I guarantee that you will have an amazing time!
 
Doesn't that water just look extremely inviting?!? 
 
8.) Finally, I can't let the holiday season pass without a little bit of love for my favorite Xmas movie.



It just never gets old!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite movies too... cartoon and movie version w/ Jim Carry...pb

    ReplyDelete